Saturday, March 28, 2009

Challenge 1 - Weigh in 28th March - Dara

Good evening,
well, its saturday again... and I've mixed emotions today. After last weeks weigh in I was a little dissapointed that I'd only lost 1lb. Knowing I was hitting a plateau. So, I tried to shake things up a little with my workout and diet this week, but weigh in this morning, still placed me at same as last week. :(

Weight: 15st 4lbs. (214lbs)
bodyfat: 26%

I havea tanita scales which gives bodyfat %, but I don't know how accurate it is. Anyway.I'll include from now on and see how it progresses.


I had taken a sneak peek at my weight during the week and I though I had been breaking the plateau as I was down at 15st 3lbs and 22% bodyfat... so I was hoping for a better result weighin in this morning. Maybe its water weight or something.. hmm.. anyhoo I'm grateful all the same that it hasn't gone higher than last week. I just need to focus now on really doing a cross check on my diet and excercise. On the diet front I'm going to try Carb Cycling (zig zag method)..so I eat reduced carbs and increased protein for 3 days, then on the 4th day I increase the carbs & reduce the protein to normal levels. This zig zag method is meant to be great for sustaining weight loss and for plateau breaking. The reduced carbs are supposed to trigger weight loss and adding the higher carbs every 4th day fools the body that it isn't going to be without carbs for long time, and as a result you don't trigger starvation mode in your body (when body goes into fat retention mode).


Also, I think my body has got used to my cardio routine on the treadmill. So, I'm going to see what I can do there to shake it up. I have a skipping rope and a stepper, I may try alternating between the three and confuse my body!! :)


However, at begining of this post I had mixed emotions...I remembered some more 'before' shots I had taken at the end of 2007, when I first really started to look at trying to tackle my weight. I had taken some shots of myself when I was reading Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin' program. In these photos I was 16st 12lbs. I didn't do so good on the Paul McKenna program, and i may have lost some weight (I can't recall) but in the long run I ended up by May 2008, weighing 17st +. (as per my post - the weigh I was - Dara)


I decided to post these photos along with todays weight in photos. And when I put them together, I really see the progress I've made so far in my weight loss goals. I still have some more to go on my own goals to get lean. But this gave me a lift as I can see ok, this week I may have hit a plateau, but in the long run, if I keep at it, I'll hit my goal and transform my physique.


So, here we go, here are current weigh in photos, with my November 2007 pics.


Well, wish me look breaking this plateau, and hopefully next week I'll have some good progress to report!! By the way, breaking this plateau of 15st 4lb is important to me, as I have got to this weight in past once before and I'm sure I plateaued at it, but my head wasn't in same place, and obviously put weight back on when I didn't see progress or gave up. Anyway, this time, No weigh back.. head down, keep going. :)

till next week

Dara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment