Tuesday, March 24, 2009

There's no Gym like home!

I Just wanted to drop in a quick post to the blog today. I was thinking about times in the past where I tried to lose weight and Gym memberships and all that wasted money!!! Anyhoo... one of the things that I've found invaluble to getting on top of my weight is our home gym.

We are fortunate to be living in a big enough house that we can devote a room to it. But equally a garage or similar space could do.


I say it has been invaluble because of time constraints really, and having 2 kids to look after and busy lives!! :) And the accountability factor that I have absolutely no excuse that I can't make it to the gym...its right there!!!


Anyway, you might be thinking...ooh rich "Baxter" with his home gym...but the purpose of this post is to show you how we did it...and how little it cost us (when compared with gym memberships for 2 people).




Above is a rough panorama shot of our little home gym. Here's what you'll find!
  • Treadmill
  • Cross Trainer
  • Multi-Gym - weights machine
  • Stepper
  • Punch Bag
  • Dumbells
  • Skipping Rope

Anyway, what may be surprising is all that only cost us a grand total of €534
Here's the breakdown of each item and where we got it!


Between all those items we have enough for a real good workout, and again it doesn't cost thousands upon thousands to do and less than many gym membership fees that people are paying.

Anyway as I say, if you can find the space, I'd reccommend it!

Take it easy!

Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment